The relationship with the self is the most important in my life, for different reasons that can be encompassed by a single line:
Know yourself in order to better relate with others.
We spend most of our life trying to figure out who we want to be without even asking who we are and where we come from. In each of these questions [who we are, where we come from, who we want to be] lies the importance of being aware about our self, about the environment we live in and how different environments influence us in different ways, and finally, not only how others perceive us, but also how they impact our life. Being more conscious of these elements has shaped my life, and slowly defined who I am.
1. Steve Jobs at The Future Isn’t What It Used To Be
2. Awesome artist - Dahhh DahDahhhh
3. Jack White - Freedom at 21
4. Mr. Little Jeans - The Suburbs [Arcade Fire cover]
5. Han SOULo - Stop Dat Crying
6. Parv - Ohh La La
7. Nicolas Jaar - Nico’s Feeling Good
8. Awesome artist - The Ego 2
9. Boozoo Bajou + John Holt
10. Rich Mitcheee - I’m Reaching 4 U
11. Zucchero ft. Miles Davis - Dune Mosse
12. Lucio Battisti - To Feel In Love
13. Phoenix - Embuscade
14. Lucio Battisti - Only
15. Awesome artist - Whisky Lullaby
16. Ceu - 10 Contados
17. Rich Mitcheee - Peuchen
18. Rich Mitcheee - Dec 21st 2012
5 years ago I moved to San Francisco and started Join Me for Breakfast, a blog for my future self.
Still happy, hungry, and optimistic.
I thanked them for the brave and visionary decision they took in 1998 when they decided to move from Italy to Switzerland hoping to give their children a better future. You did!
And I am doing everything backwards because apparently I should have been born in the US in 1988 and moved to Switzerland now, not the opposite.
Here’s the methodology they used: link
SF Fall ‘12 Mixtape
- Images that get tweeted natively on the Twitter platform aren’t good enough for Instagram.
- Facebook is intentionally boring and useful to keep you coming back.
- People see your Tweets but don’t always respond either because they’re busy, lazy, or can’t generate a countering thought.
- It’s easy to see when other people steal your ideas for their own work and don’t give you a hat tip.
- Those that publish something digitally everyday in the morning (blog post, tweet, etc) are generally successful.
- Those that track their workout habits are incentivized to workout more.
- Soccer (football) fans are religious about their sport online and off.
- Minimalists hoard digital items but collect very few physical things.
- Most bloggers lack originality. Tech bloggers all write about the same things using different words. Creative bloggers post the same images.
- The medium is the message. Twitter forces people to think in brevity. An Instagram is the best status post.
- The majority of people still don’t know how to use RSS feeds effectively.
- Smart people still read books, digital or physical, because they long for paying attention to the story.
- Downloading music is old school. No one wants to buy an extra hard drive.
- Older digital users want a stylus for tablets and smartphones and a keyboard. Younger digital users have bad handwriting, can’t spell, and can type just as fast on touch screens.
- Emails are text messages.
- Online writers explain less because they can hyperlink out more.
- A tweet back/retweet from a celebrity is the new autograph.
- Facebook is still slow on mobile despite the recent upgrade.
- Foursquare users aren’t going away.
- On the whole, people just read headlines and forget the details.
- Painters makes unnecessary use of Instagram frames.
- It’s hard to discover music on Spotify due to lack of catalog.
Safe to assume?
AC45 Cupsize Club:
Oracle Team USA Spithill